• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Looking for relatives

J

jJohn Stone

Looking for decendants of my Grandparents from Aston They were James and Jenny Maria Moore.Their children were James William Moore (killed in the World War One) Jenny Moore who married William Henry Ellis in 1910, Nellie Moore who married Charles Edward Stokes in 1912 and Thomas Moore (my father) all from Aston. Can anyone help
Janet Stone (nee Moore)

Do any of these names ring a bell?

Ellis births in Aston ,mothers maiden name Moore

Dorothy June 1912 6d 638
Ethel March 1914 6d 1071
Eileen Sept 1920 6d 1171

Stokes births in Aston mothers maiden name Moore

Nellie Sept 1913 ref. 6d 1143
Charles E June 1920 6d 1219
Doris Mar 1923 6d 963

Hi,
Many Thanks for your reply, it looks as if they are possibles and I am going to have a look at the certificates.
Regards
Janet

Hi Pam,
From James and Jenny Maria's marriage certificate he was born in 1869 and he died in 1908, J.M.s maiden name was Ashmore and James Father was Thomas who was an electro plater as was James.
Janet

Back