• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Looking for headstone inscriptions

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
This is a big ask I know, but is anyone going to Central Library soon and would be willing to look up a headstone inscription for me.

I am now nearing the completion stage (for now anyway) with the family tree and would like to bind my findings into loose leaf books to present to my siblings.
I have has so much help from this site it is unbelievable and without you all I would never have reached this point in a million years.
You may have seen my requests regarding my family before.
I have been very lucky in finding a lady who had a memorial card for my GT GT G/dad buried in St Johns Perry Barr.
Father Crispin & Hazel have been very good in trying to help but as yet their records are nowhere near complete as they suffered a fire in early 1900's and all records were lost. Long hard work is now underway to locate and map/list the site of the graves to help others like myself.

Just to finish this sector I would dearly love to have the inscription for my G/fathers headstone/similar.

He was:
William Henry Fellows
Born 23/031825
Died 26/07/1885
Intered 30/07/1885

I am hoping that central libray will have copies of this.

Thank you all for your help and dedication.

Derek

Back