• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

looking for Erdington cottage homes children 1950_1960 .

plonk

I and my sister Ann were in home 17 ferndown.we would love to hear from anyone that rembers us many thanks .Jimmy la planche.Plonk.

if you are on facebook there is a group called ECH you will find quite a few people on there that was in the homes
josie

Hello, I am very pleased by your post Jimmy (Plonk). I remember both you and your sister Ann Louise La Planche very well. I lived in Erdington Cottage Homes from 1952- 1959. My name is Joan Jackson, my sister is Margaret and my brother was David; he was disabled.
I would love to hear from both you and your sister. I currently live in South Wales (UK).
Kind regards, Joan.

I and my sister Ann were in home 17 ferndown.we would love to hear from anyone that rembers us many thanks .Jimmy la planche.Plonk.
Hello, I am very pleased by your post Jimmy (Plonk). I remember both you and your sister Ann Louise La Planche very well. I lived in Erdington Cottage Homes from 1952- 1959. My name is Joan Jackson, my sister is Margaret and my brother was David; he was disabled.
I would love to hear from both you and your sister. I currently live in South Wales (UK).
Kind regards, Joan.

Kind regards, Joan.

I am still searching for Mary (TESS) nee Johnson born 1945 and was in the cottage homes after her mother died in 1950, if you remember Mary (TESSA) please contact me, thank you, regards Christine

Kind regards, Joan.
Hi Joan only just found your post. Did you know there is a group called ECH The Gardens whose members are ex ECH children ?

I am still searching for Mary (TESS) nee Johnson born 1945 and was in the cottage homes after her mother died in 1950, if you remember Mary (TESSA) please contact me, thank you, regards Christine
Hi Christine I have only just seen your post. Did you know there is a group called ECH The Gardens whose members are ex ECH children ? Linda

Ah ok, sorry the site is for ex children only, but if you give me his name and details siblings etc i can ask if anyone on there remembers him and they can contact you on FB or messenger ? There are several people from that era ☺️

His name is John burton he was in home 9 he thinks and would be the 1950’s he was born in 1946. He doesnt have any siblings unfortunately. He is 75 now

I can definitely ask on his behalf and if course he could join the group himself, but let's see if anyone knows him X

Back