• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

looking for Daniel Mc Loughlin ....Mc Laughlin

mollie cross

master brummie
Looking for the birth details of Daniel Mc Loughlin, born around 1853,I have applied to B, Ham reg office but they have no record of him.
Here I must take the chance to congratulate The Register Office on their efficiency and speedy response.
I have his marriage cert , datedApril 1875 , his Fathers' name was James .
I would be most gratefull for any help .
Mollie:(

Do you have reason to believe hes born in Birmingham as theres a Daniel Mc laughlin born the right time on igi but hes born in Ireland.:rolleyes:

i think youve cracked it missjayniee :)

on the 1861 census, both his parents were born ireland and his older brother. daniel is listed as born birmingham but if youve found that birth its most likely the right one.

mollie you could request the cert asking for parents to be james and catherine.

i think youve cracked it missjayniee :)

on the 1861 census, both his parents were born ireland and his older brother. daniel is listed as born birmingham but if youve found that birth its most likely the right one.

mollie you could request the cert asking for parents to be james and catherine.
hi shera , thanks for that , I have already asked for a birth cert from b,ham reg office, they say they have no D aniel Mc Loughlin, for that time frame.
have you any Idea how I might find out if he was born in Ireland, given that I dont know whether it was north or south , or a place name.
Thanks for your help. Mollie

Back