• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Looking for Charles Henry Hill

Yorkshire Lass

knowlegable brummie
Charles Henry Hill (69 Park Street) father's name William married Mary Humphries (71 Park Street) father's name Edward. They were my great great grandparents. Don't suppose anyone else is looking for them . Hit a dead end.

lmr3103

master brummie
Hi Yorkshire Lass, do you have access to the Ancestry Site? There is a family tree on there for your Gt Gt Grandparents.
Lynn.

Yorkshire Lass

knowlegable brummie
Hi Lynn, I do but I think that I have the wrong William. The only thing that I have that is concrete evidence is the marriage certificate. Thanks

Yorkshire Lass

knowlegable brummie
I would like to know more about the man himself because he remains an enigma but yes I am trying to get a lead on his parents. Thanks, Colette

MWS

master brummie
There is a baptism for a Charles Henry Hill at St Martins, 20 Nov 1868 the illegitimate son of a Sarah Hill.

Illegitimate children sometimes gave a made up father's name or step father's first name with their own surname when getting married.

Found Mary with children in 1901 but no Charles and the children in 1911. Can't see them in 1891.

Yorkshire Lass

knowlegable brummie
That's great, thank you. Chares and Mary were married in St Martin's. Maybe it's Sarah that I have to chase then. Thank you so much.

Yorkshire Lass

knowlegable brummie
There is a baptism for a Charles Henry Hill at St Martins, 20 Nov 1868 the illegitimate son of a Sarah Hill.

Illegitimate children sometimes gave a made up father's name or step father's first name with their own surname when getting married.

Found Mary with children in 1901 but no Charles and the children in 1911. Can't see them in 1891.

Yorkshire Lass

knowlegable brummie
That's great, thank you. Chares and Mary were married in St Martin's. Maybe it's Sarah that I have to chase then. Thank you so much.

pjmburns

master brummie
They were Alfred and Elizabeth Brierley. Listed on 1891 census at 71 Park street - a licensed lodging house. (This is the address given by Mary Humphries). 69 Park Street (address of Charles Hill) is also a licensed lodging house.