• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Looking for a New Laptop

I think that the best laptop is Asus ZenBook Flip 14 because it has the most powerful processor Intel Core i5-8265U and video card Intel HD Graphics 620. It perfect for people who are looking for a highly portable device to perform a lot of tasks simultaneously such as browsing, working in Microsoft Office or Google Docs, media streaming, and playing games. By the way, came across a very interesting article with a review of the best 2-in-1 laptops, I think you should read this. Here is link: https://povverful.com/5-best-2-in-1-laptops/
Jose, welcome to the Forum, a great place to be, enjoy!

I had a 15” Sony Vaio for about five years. Great computer but battery problems, changed a couple of times. The screen was super but at 15” quite heavy.
in 2016 purchased a Lenovo Yoga with 13” screen weighs 2.9 pounds, touch screen and screen folds back like a pad. Super high resolution on screen and great portability (if that what you are looking for). Battery life on the Lenovo is outstanding and can travel for a day or so without taking the charger. The Lenovo has a ss hard drive vs mechanical on the Sony which I guess they all have now.
Hope that helps!

I would certainly look for a Solid State Drive laptop, with a Hard Drive for storage. There are a few around.

Back