• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

looking for a map

josietrue

gone but not forgotten
On the electoral roll for 1939 no 105 high street is in the lozells ward would be grateful if someone can help with a map with thanks josie

Josie
I cannot find a 105 New st on the online electoral rolls. It would be the New st that ran from High St Aston to Alma St, and the highest no. that the 1939 Kellys lists is 63. It is a short street and I cannot seen numbers reaching 105. Below is the c1950 map with numbering, which, though indistinct on this copy shows nothing above the 60s

map_c_1950_new_st_aston.jpg

Thank you mike did New street run of birchfield rd for some reason that was where I was thinking 105 was along that rd josie

I'm a bit confused here! Josie appeared to be looking for High St in post #1, not New St.

You are right jukebox. I must have been dreaming or something when I wrote that reply. Silly thing was no 105 High st Aston was actually on the map I gave. Below is the same map but over a larger area, and , as Josie says, Birchfield road leads on from High st in the top left corner. No 105 is in red.

map_c_1950_showing_105_High_st_Aston.jpg

Back