• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Look up - Joseph ILEY family

Glennys Jean

master brummie
Hello, I'm looking for the children of Joseph ILEY b:1850-56 and Ellen Bilton b: 1858 in Yorks and married 1874 in Stockton. They are probably in the Middlesbrough Yorks area. If anyone could help ...
With thanks.

Glennys Jean

master brummie
As far as I know, NO. I however hoped that maybe one of my forum friends would check the census for me - even tho they're not Brummies. :))

pjmburns

master brummie
If you read the 1911 census they had 22 children of whom 10 had died by 1911.
Here are the census records - in 1891 they lived at 82 Telford Street - I cut it off so the image could be larger as it is faint (hope that makes sense). I have left the 1911 one as full - I am sure you know but that is the first census with one page per household and filled in by the family themselves.
Iley 1881.jpgIley 1891.jpgIley 1901.jpgIley 1911.jpg

Janice

pjmburns

master brummie
Glennys Jean
On Ancestry there is a tree which has a photo of Joseph and Ellen. Are you able to access this?

Janice

Glennys Jean

master brummie
My goodness, 22 children in about 26 years. Poor girl was only 16 when she married.
Thanks Janice for the look ups. Haven't access to Ancestry yet (maybe a Xmas present?)