• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Longmeadow Girls School Shard End

Constance

i WAS AT lONGMEADOW GIRLS SCHOOL TOO. ABOUT 1965 ish.MY LAST TEACHER WAS MRS YOUNG.WE HAD MISS BREEZE FOR DRAMA,MRS ROBERTON FOR MATHS (WHAT A DRAGON ) MISS REYNOLDS FOR ART. DO YOU REMEMBER ANYONE CALLED PAT CORFIELD,JACKIE MITCHELL,ELAINE RICHARDS, CECILIA STEEL,ANGELA HIPKISS,JUNE PICKERING.I WOULD LOVE TO FIND ANYONE WHO KNEW US LOT
Yes I remembered u my name was Eileen blackham

Jeannie

master brummie
Does anyone remember Longmeadow girls school, I was a pupil there in the late 50s/early 60s.Miss Featherstone was the headmistress and one of my teachers was a Mrs. Day.
My big sister Rita Baller was at long meadow about the same time as you

Cheriton

proper brummie kid
I lived in Hurst Lane North, Castle Bromwich in the 1960's. I didn't attend Longmeadow but I remember it well :)

Gean

Does anyone remember Longmeadow girls school, I was a pupil there in the late 50s/early 60s.Miss Featherstone was the headmistress and one of my teachers was a Mrs. Day.
Yes, I remember the school and Mis Featherstone. I was there from mid 60's to early 70's. Mr Babington was the science teacher, Mrs Brearley was the sewing teacher, Mrs Hall for home economics/cookery. I think Mrs Young took the place of Miss Featherstone, or she was her deputy. I don't recall a Mrs Day.

Lablover

Angela,

I am a Group Scout Leader at the Scout Hut on Kendrick Avenue, this was right opposite your School.I am doing a project on the Yorks Wood Scout Campsite that closed down in 1972. Do you have memries of the camp-site at all. One of my friends used to go to that school her name was Valarie Summers back then.

Julie
Valerie Summers was a friend of my be as well. Remember Miss Feathers tone Miss Hearnshaw the science teacher Mrs Osborne who was our form teacher. Miss Monteith was the deputy head and did Scottish dancing class s