• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Longbridge Factory

My grandad, Bertie Fred Bolton of Halesowen worked at Longbridge for many years as a press tool maker, sadly dying as a result of a work accident in 1954. I've found some family photos, two were presumably taken at the Longbridge plant. The others are of two cars (one with my grandad in the passenger seat) - which I am assuming would have come off the production line at Austin? The other is if my grandad in a group of people which I think could be a works outing. If these last 3 are off topic I'm happy to remove, but I don't really know why they exist as they were in a box of photos we found in the loft. Posting as would like to share with anyone who is interested. Of course, if anyone can offer any information about any of the photos, these would be greatly received.View attachment 185328
View attachment 185329
View attachment 185330
View attachment 185331View attachment 185332
Super photos!

My grandad, Bertie Fred Bolton of Halesowen worked at Longbridge for many years as a press tool maker, sadly dying as a result of a work accident in 1954. I've found some family photos, two were presumably taken at the Longbridge plant. The others are of two cars (one with my grandad in the passenger seat) - which I am assuming would have come off the production line at Austin? The other is if my grandad in a group of people which I think could be a works outing. If these last 3 are off topic I'm happy to remove, but I don't really know why they exist as they were in a box of photos we found in the loft. Posting as would like to share with anyone who is interested. Of course, if anyone can offer any information about any of the photos, these would be greatly received.View attachment 185328
View attachment 185329
View attachment 185330
View attachment 185331View attachment 185332
nice photos...looks like he is wearing a chauffeurs uniform in one of the photos..do you know the location of the 2 car photos ? as your grandad sadly died due to an accident at work i would think it was reported in the newspapers..

lyn

Back