• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Helen.
I have searched and searched that map you kindly put up for me ..
Can You see Section B9 ?? I am going loopy I think.
x

Hi Amanda,
Curiosity got the better of me so I had a look too! I can't see it either. What is the burial number you are looking for?
rosie.

Hi Amanda,
Curiosity got the better of me so I had a look too! I can't see it either. What is the burial number you are looking for?
rosie.

Hi Rosie ...
I am looking for Section B9 271.
I shall be able to go to the office when I go , but just cant figure out why I cant see it on map :eek:)

Hi Amanda,
I was wondering if the number would help but I noticed all the section are numbered from 1 instead of 1-10, 11-20. They are very kind at Lodge Hill so I'm sure they will find it for you.
rosie.

I assume the crematorium is still there, Can you get inside if so? John Crump OldBrit. Parker. Co USA

I was at a cremation there a couple of years ago and at my age guess I will attend a few more John.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hi ,
I managed to get some pictures for you.. Of the entrance area ...unfortunately there was a service going on in the main part.IMGP0393.jpgIMGP0395.jpgIMGP0397.jpgIMGP0398.jpgare these of any help ?
x

Did the relatives pay to have the names engraved on the panels? For the size of the panels there are not many names on them - I wonder why they did the inscriptions so large?

Did the relatives pay to have the names engraved on the panels? For the size of the panels there are not many names on them - I wonder why they did the inscriptions so large?

I really do not know Polly.
I took the photo's for the gentleman that carved them many years ago :eek:)
Very impressive work though don't you agree.

Hopefully someone can help me as l've hit a brick wall "again".... just found out off the new ancestry parish records, that we had another great uncle Albert Edwin Barr b 24 july 1879 baptised 13 august 1879 at St James the Last, and died nov dec 1879.....what would the nearest cemetry be...the church records states the faamily was living in St Barr Street, ...Brenda

Brenda, Nearest isn't always the choice, By than Council Cemeteries were open and availability of dates / price were often the deciding factor.
If they are in Gt Barr St, Hockley, Key Hill is nearest as is St Georges, and Warstone Lane, but Handsworth & Witton are also close enough, and may have been cheaper than.

Brian

Hello. i have just joined this site in hope that someone can help me. I have just discovered that my granddad is buried in Lodgehill cemetery. We are from ireland and I believe my grandad came here for work and later died. I have the grave number and area located on map. My dear dad can't visit the grave and has never seen it due to ill health. Where there be a possibility someone could take a pfoto of it for me? I would be so grateful and help with costs...Thank you Sharon

If you put the name, grave number etc on here, I'll try to take a picture in the next week or so. I have to go to the cemetery to put a wreath on my in-law's grave

Oh my thank you so much I would be so grateful. God bless your heart. I will give you the details...you are an Angel xxx

I really can't thank you enough. My grandfathers name is JEREMIAH GALVIN died 29 April 1945. The grave is in section 7 and the grave number is 383. This is the roman catholic area. We have no idea if the grave had a marker/headstone as my granny and dad came back to ireland after my grandfathers death, but a simple pic of the grave whether marked or not would be just amazing, my dad would be so touched. You will be blessed for doing this thank you again....Yours gratefully.....Sharon Galvin xxx

sharongalvin
user-offline.png
Newbie Brummie

Join DateDec 2015LocationAntrimPosts4

[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Lodge Hill Cemetery[/h]
Hello. i have just joined this site in hope that someone can help me. I have just discovered that my granddad is buried in Lodgehill cemetery. We are from ireland and I believe my grandad came here for work and later died. I have the grave number and area located on map. My dear dad can't visit the grave and has never seen it due to ill health. Where there be a possibility someone could take a pfoto of it for me? I would be so grateful and help with costs...Thank you Sharon​

Thank you so much xx

icon1.png
Re: Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hello. i have just joined this site in hope that someone can help me. I have just discovered that my granddad is buried in Lodgehill cemetery. We are from ireland and I believe my grandad came here for work and later died. I have the grave number and area located on map. My dear dad can't visit the grave and has never seen it due to ill health. Where there be a possibility someone could take a pfoto of it for me? I would be so grateful and help with costs...Thank you Sharon

Back