• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Had a brilliant day today at Lodge Hill.This was a cemetery that I didn't have much interest in before.. went there with Tom today and found so much history I wasn't aware of ...if anyone wants pics of any graves there we will be happy to go and look..mind you the one we searched today was real hard but when we found it..wow :)
Had a brilliant day today at Lodge Hill.This was a cemetery that I didn't have much interest in before.. went there with Tom today and found so much history I wasn't aware of ...if anyone wants pics of any graves there we will be happy to go and look..mind you the one we searched today was real hard but when we found it..wow :)

Dear Maggie and Tom, I have just found your note above and realize that that you wrote this a long time ago, however I was wondering if you may be still able to help. My Great Grandparents John Edward Kingham and Mary Ann Kingham buried Dec 1906 and 26 Feb 1908 respectively in the same grave in Lodge Hill Cemetery.

John Kingham Section B7, Grave No. 473 in unconsecrated F/C ground.
Mary Kingham Section B7, Grave No. 473 in unconsecrated F/C ground.

I wrote to the cemetery who said: 03 February 2020: We have checked this grave and there is a stone on the grave laid flat. Sue Baller Bereavement Officer 03 February 2020:

I grew up in Sparkhill Birmingham, moved to Hereford in 1963 and emigrated to Australia in 1978. I had hoped to visit England one more time, but I am now 78 and with covert persisting think the probability of that happening is becoming less likely.
I would love to have a photo of their grave and know the wording of the inscription, should the wording not be clear on the 'photo. I also have a Gt Aunt and Gt Uncle buried at Lodge Hill but don't presume to hope you could find their grave as well.

Hoping to hear from you Kindest Regards Brian Essery

Attachments

• 19080226KinghamMaryAnnGregoryAFT.jpg
    19080226KinghamMaryAnnGregoryAFT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Back