• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Local Bus Videos

Erdington still looks like that..;)

Seriously, that was great to look at. Even me at my tender years remember some of the street scenes.
Were the boat's the ones at Witton Lakes?
Brought back vague memories...

Fantastic Keith.
The sound of them buses, don't it just make your hair on the back of your neck stand up.:grinsmile:

Here's another two for you to be nostalgic about :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the one with the buses, I will be back to see the others. Better than some of our TV programs. But I guess that is another subject.
I saved a YouTube video to my desk top and then downloaded it onto a thread if that is what you are asking Frothblower. I was surprised it worked, I didn't think it did before the changes. Well done Keith, if that was another change you made. :) Mo

Now that bought a tear to a glass eye. My beautiful Aston as I knew it in the thirties. Many thanks. David Weaver, Australia.:'(

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost a little show for every-one, the narration by Telly Savalas on Mr Balms Birmingham is a wonderful piece of promotion. Alas i am told Brum no longer looks the same. Thank you Keith...Cat:)

Back