• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

LOADS of trouble with My Computer

GER22VAN

master brummie
I am getting loads of trouble with my computer.
I cannot seem to restore my computer to a previous point in time.
I cannot seem to access DELL as I may have forgotten my password and it did not recognise my email address anyway.
Would be great to have some help sorting this out.

Hello there Ernie,
If you go back to System Restore, as well as the possibility of restoring your computer to an earlier time, there's the alternative of creating a restore point. Have you tried doing this, and then attempting to restore to the newly created restore point. Remember that you can only use bold dates as restore points.
As regards your second problem, as Dell doesn't recognise your email address, have you considered re-registering? Only suggestions, but they may help. Will speak to you on Monday, David

help please!!!
i for some reason with the new update lost my avitars,
my albums and all other pics,and i cannot open any of pictures,
people are putting on plus the top of the screen where my name notifications and log off are just visable.
regards dereklg

Hi Derek,
As a shot in the dark I would suggest you make sure you're properly logged in. Other than that, I'm afraid, you'll have to consult someone in Admin.

Derek do a system restore,i never let the computer update because it caused probs weather this is right or wrong but it works for me

Mau-reece

Sorry,
1072.gif
I thought Derek was having trouble with the forum as the last Windows update was a few weeks ago.

Hi Oisin,thanks for replying i,ve been away for a couple of days,and it,s still the same
it,s annoying i sent Warren an im and he has,nt got me back yet......
catch you later Derek

Sorry Derek but are you saying the problem is with accessing various things in the forum then, or is it a problem affecting your PC whatever you try to do on it?

i can,t access any photo,s avitars of my friends in photos people put on or my photo album.
it has been since the weekend can,t work out why???? regards Derek

Hello Derek, sorry about Warren not getting back to you but his new baby is due anytime now.
I have had a quick look but everything this end seems OK, I have rebooted your settings so give it a try now and let me know.
thanks, Jim

Hello Jim thanks for that,
it did,nt help i,m know expert- untill now i could,nt get on the forum plus i could,ne even get on the net.
i,ve been all over it seems it was a problem,know one could help you with,
i got there in the end fingers crossed. hope all goes well with warren and his wife great times ahead,
cheers Jim see you tomorrow?regards Derek

Back