• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lloyd

Les

master brummie
I am trying to trace the parents and family of Ellen Lloyd

Born 6 June 1889 Aston Birmingham

Married Arthur Linnecor Date unknown

Lived in Miller Street Aston until early 1930's and then lived in Malthouse Lane, Washwood Heath.

I would be very grateful for any information any of you could provide me with.

Les

It's only the same name I suppose but there was a Freddy Lloyd in my junior classes at Leigh Road. I thought that there might be a connection.

Rowan.
Thanks for the information. :)

I don't know if there was a connection with Freddy Lloyd but I think she had a sister or neice named Charlotte Lloyd.

I was at Leigh Road School from 1950 until 1958 and my dad Les Linnecor was there before the war in the late 30's. I still have one of his old school exercise books dated 1937. When I was there the headmaster at the senior school was Mr Rothera and the headteachers at the primary school were Mrs Quentin and then Mr Mullins.

Les is this your Ellen?......

Ladywood St Barnabas. 12 GLEBE STREET

William Hy (head) age 31 Plumber b. B'Ham
Ellen (wife) age 32 b.Halesowen
Alice (dau) age 11 scholar b B'Ham
Clyde (son) age 10 " b. B'Ham

ELLEN (dau) age 3 b. B'ham

Rowan.

Thanks.

Not really sure. Was there a date?

Ref Leigh Road School. I think another head teacher called Mrs Whittaker.

Les.

Lloyd/ Mc Veighty/ Coates

I believe my gran Ellen Lloyd Born 1889 had a sister called Julia who married either into the name of McVeighty or Coates. Could anyone please check this out for me and perhaps any other information about them. I believe that their father may possibly have been named William Henry Lloyd or just Henry Lloyd.

Thanks.

Les :)

Back