• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lloyd

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi mike
Just been reading your latest thread on Lloyds banking family ,and there fore i was wondering whether or not
could i be cheeky and asked if it was possible for me to asked you
To do an election roll check on a family called Lloyds of white house street Aston birmingham 6
they did live about 15 doors from Chinnys parents and my grand parents was neibours to them when i was a nipper
the one name of the child of Mr and Mrs Lloyd was a John Lloyed whom i did know of
as we was growing up down there i lived with my granmd parents in white house street
whilst my mother was in hospital having a baby which she did quite often i think the joke was my old man
was having is own foot ball team withe number of kids he was producing
Eleven in all
but the question of asking about the Lloyeds family was that one of his family whether it was the mother or the father to him was of what they was saying around there at that period just after the war was that one of his parents was of blue blood relations to the royalty family tree some where along the tree line
is it possible you could come up with his parents name within that period of the early forty and early fifty as they was living there in white house street Aston or unless i have it wrong and may be its his parents parents ,meaning his own parents grand parents i can recall old chinny and his fellow play mates when out side there grannies house
we was all little nippers and as i was on my own walikg down the street i would see themand i would cross over the other side of the road to get pas them as i had to get to the bottom by the albion pub to fetch my uncles and grand mothers snuff box from the news agent just around on lichfield road oppersite corner to the albion pub
many thanks Alan,, Astonian,,,,,,

Alan
I have moved your query to a new thread , as it has nothing really to do with the thread it was posted on. I'm afraid i am not aware of a street called White House St, and it does not appear on the electoral rolls

HI MIKE
Whitehouse street as been in aston since it was created and the carl chinns grand parents was there
and over the last ten years or more i have been on here many of us as spoke or mentionioned it
so how can you say you are not aare of it
Along from Aston cross aston road north also the OLD Albion pub
I am not trying to muscle in on your post if you think that i opologise but white house did excist and i think it may be still there Astonian,,,,,,,,

1955 electoral roll shows a Walter and Charlotte Lloyd living at 20 Whitehouse (one word) Street. Charlotte is there in 1945 when, I assume, Walter was away fighting!

Janice

Back