• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Litherland - Help!!

craiguito

master brummie
On 1841 census, living in Lichfield St Johns, I have found Timothy Litherland, age 60; Hannah age 65. They also have a son, Thomas, age 22. There is also Elizabeth Litherland listed, aged 15. I'm trying to find out whether Elizabeth is Timothy and Hannah's daughter or not - Hannah would've been 50 when she had her.

I did find an Elizabeth Leatherland, Christened in St Michael's, Lichfield in 1826. This would make her the right age, but the parents are Henry and Martha Leatherland. No idea where they fit in!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

i cant really help but i have found someone with a tree on ancestry which looks like your people. they have

elizabeth litherland b.1828 lichfield staffs parents..timothy (thomas) litherland 1781-1847 and hannah bryans 1776-1849

elizabeths siblings are listed as john litherland 1799-1877 and
thomas litherland 1811-

remember that on the 1841 census ages were often rounded up or down.

Henry Litherland married Martha Lea 1826 Appleby Magna.Maybe your Elizabeths parents

Henry Litherland baptised 22 june 1806 Lichfield parents Timothy and Hannah.

Back