• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lippitt Family of Franchise Street

JoJoJobby

proper brummie kid
I am trying to make the link between my family (Sant) and the Lippitt family. My mum remembers visiting the Lippitts - Ellen - and we have a photo which we think is them. It's really frustrating as we think Mrs Lippitt was an aunt but I've tried every possible avenue of finding a Sant married to a Lippitt and I can't. Would love to hear you if you can help. Thanks.

Hi Jo Jo that name is very familier from when I was a child. Mrs Lippett used to be a friend of my nan Pem who lived at 3/36 Franchise street. My mom used to talk about the family but I am afraid she died 8 years ago. Good look with your search. Jean. My nans sir name was Taplin and then Rowley when she re-married.

hi, i have just seen this and i have called my Dad as my Nan is the Ellen lippitt you are talking about. Sant is her cousin so thats the link. My Dad said that Ellens cousin or second cousin is teresa who he thinks had a son called Henry he thinks and there was a billy and maybe a lilly too. My Dad is Donald who was born a twin with his sister Doreen in 1931. he has loads of knowledge of back then and the sants so please get in touch and i'll give you his details........ think he was really intrigued by the photo you have! by the way, Hi! we are family. :0) June lippitt

Hi June, Just wondering if you received my message in reply to the above that I sent in August? Mum and I have been waiting to hear from you with excitement. Hope all is okay. I'll resend it just incase you didn't get it. Jo

Hello June,My name is Brian Mann, my mother was Ethel Lippitt who was the youngest in the first family. Muriel, Donald and Doreen were of the second marriage and their mother was Ellen (ne Smith). I knew Donald and Doreen very well, I am four years younger. Ihave a good family history going and photographs for the Lippitt,s and would love to share it and be in touch with the family again. If you would like to contact me again you could email on bjmann671@gmail.com

Dear Jo, I have replied to your email to the address from which it was sent, have you received them? Brian Mann

Hi June
It would be lovely if you could contact me again as I have lots I would like to share with you and your dad.
Jo

Hi all my email is robertsd12@sky.com I have not received any previous messages so not sure where they went. Please get in touch Jo or Brian about my dad Donald lippitt. He is excited to speak to you all x June lippitt x

Back