• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Linnecor Family

Les

master brummie
George Linnecor Born 1824 Birmingham.

Married Kate ? Born 1829

Lived Cross Guns Yard House 1 New Summer Street

Has anyone any information regarding them or any other Linnecors. Many of whom lived in the Newtown area of Birmingham.

There was a George Linnecor married in West Brom in 1845.

marriage Jun Qtr 1845
Linnecor George West Brom Book 18 Page 705.

on the same page is a Phoebe Arnold.

Many thanks for all the information Barrie. I'm still trying to sift through it to find out where the mix up happened. I think you may be right about Phoebe though as her name is cropping up more and more. I wonder if George got married twice! And why would he and Phoebe go to West Bromwich to get married? George was born in Aston as far as I know. Perhaps Phoebe had connections in West Bromwich?
Perhaps they split or she died and he got married to Kate?

Thanks again.

Les

Les.This could be the death registration for Phoebe Linnecor.
Name:Phoebe LinnecorEstimated Birth Year:abt 1829Year of Registration:1900Quarter of Registration:Jul-Aug-SepAge at Death:71District:Birmingham (1837-1924)County:WarwickshireVolume:6dPage:96

barrie

If you look at the original copy of the 1881 census the name is Phebe.
Another incident of the people who indexed the census getting it wrong.
To be fair most of the time the enumerators writing is a scrawl,

also 1891
50 Heneage street.
George linnecor age 67 General dealer
Phoebe age 63
Walter 28 Painter
Lewis 23 Painter
Arthur Foster age 11 grandson
Beatrice Workman age 13 servant

Linnecor

Can anyone please help me with the following:

Leonard Lewis Linnecor Private 38122
Killed in action World War 1 3/5/1917 Arras
Prince of Wales Own / West Yorkshire Regt. 15th Battalion.
I am trying to trace who his parents were.

Also.
Lily Linnecor Born 29-1-1905. Parents and brothers/sisters?.

Many thanks.
Les

This was the only Lily Linnecor I could find around that date;
Births Sep 1902
Linnecor Lilly Aston 6d 348.

As for Leonard Lewis Linnecor, I was unable to find any birth reference for him from 1870 to 1900. I had a look at his certificate on the "Debt of Honour" page on the CWGC site, but there is no next of kin shown (you probably know this already)
Don't give up mate, someone else will probably be more successful.

Les, Have you got this marriage?
Marriages Dec 1913
Linnecor Leonard L. Bramley 9b 484 Brides surname, Ellis.
Bramley is in West Yorkshire.

Les this looks like Arthur from the1871 cen' with his family in 1891

1891 Census
Piece: RG12/2389 Place: Birmingham -Warwickshire Enumeration District: 28
Civil Parish: Birmingham Ecclesiastical Parish: St Stephen
Folio: 131 Page: 12 Schedule: 76
Address: 2 Bk Of 12 Miller Street

LINNECOR Arthur Head M M 26 Bicycle Worker(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
LINNECOR Sarah Wife M F 26 Ivory Button Worker(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
LINNECORE May Dau S F 4 Warwickshire - Birmingham
LINNECOR Arthur Son S M 3 Warwickshire - Birmingham
LINNECOR George Son S M 8m Warwickshire - Birmingham
And his marriage
Marriages Dec 1885 (>99%)

LINNECOR Arthur Birmingham 6d232
Wright Sarah Jane Birmingham 6d232

Pom :angel:

Births June qtr 1893 Birmingham Leonard Lewis Linicok?we know how reliable some indexing is,the typed copy says Linicor.

1901 Dartmouth Street
Louis Linnecor age 33 Caster
Florence age 27
Leonard age 7
Richard age 4
George age 3
Alfred age 9 months

Hi Les
My step-sister,Lily, was born in 1920, her mother's name was Beatrice Kate Linnecor - she was born in 1896/7 - died around 1940. Beatrice lived in Nechells/Duddeston area then later, after marrying my father, George Leaver, they lived in Tyseley. I remember when I was eleven or twelve (I was born in 1944 after my father married Edith Bradshaw), Lily introduced me to a lady called Pheobe whom she said was her aunt (maybe Beatrice Kate's Sister). Beatrice Kate is buried in Yardley cemetery in a family plot with my father, George.
I hope you can find some connection.
Regards
Shirley

Hi Les,

I am trying to find the link between my great grandparents, from Manchester and the Linnecor's in Aston. According the the documents, George Linnecor (my greatgrandfather) married Bertha Wade in 1918. The only reference so far I can find is that George was within the 17th West Yorks, which also contained 2 other George Linnecor's aswell as Leonard L Linnecor.
Family rumours says that George left and headed back to Yorkshire, but the only birth records I can find to the late 19th Century relate to Aston Birmingham, of which there were 3.

I don't know if you know of any of the George Linnecor's leaving Birmingham, joining 17th West Yorks then becoming a Ironmonger at the end of WW1

regards

Phil Linnecor

Back