• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Links: Sites with Brum photos

Jean, how far up the Aston Church tower did you go? I would imagine there is a door to the outside from where you were on the parapet. The Vicar used to climb up inside the spire to look out to the footpaths and see who was coming to church. This is going back a very long way. The photos would be great to see.

Jenny I was only a tot and remember going up the winding concrete steps that were worn in the middle. I was so frightened that it was as if it was yesterday. Went to the square bit no higher. Would not be able to go that far today i suppose with health and safety. Phoned Steve and he will sort them out for me. My knees knock just thinking about that day.:stressed::stressed::stressed: Jean.

Thanks for that link - I hadn't seen them before. Some magnificent pictures and at least, stored digitally, they can't fade. Shame he wasn't around 60 years or more ago! :)

Maurice :cool:

Back