• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Links: Ladywood past & present website

J

jake

Edit. Old link to the website removed as no longer working. Refreshed link to the website is now below.

Last edited by a moderator:
main sites

never mind perhaps this will have brought it to the forefront Rod and myself have spent many hours building up our sites and Mac Joseph (Ladywood and Ted Rudge Brookfields and Winson green all together we have compiled an awful load of fogotten history, not fogetting all the other members of the webring. Initialy the idea of web ring was Rod's and myself promoted through Carl Chinn on is then radio show, now sadly missed by the thousands of listeners to is show
it would take many hours to go through all the information contained in these links.
if you need to know click on the main site links and have a good search you know it makes sense

This site Old Ladywood is run by Mac Joseph who at the moment is not to well I would like to wish him a full recovery and get back good health asap
Best wishes to you Mac
John H

i also would like to extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery mac. get well soon. wales

Me too, That is some site Mr Joseph like stepping back in time. Everything so interesting and informative lovely. There is a picture on the back wall of the Art Class at SCHOOL, it is of a little girl and known as Cherry Ripe a picture that was very popular and can still be seen today all over the place. Thank you ...Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jake for the above. The pictures brought back childhood memories of visits to my Gran in Garbett Street and the long walk down Shakespeare Road to reach her back-to-back house. Also Stour Street where my Gt.Gt. Grandfather ended his days. Plus many more memories.
Best Wishes to Mr Mac Joseph for a speedy recovery.

Anthea

thank you mr mac joseph
for a brilliant site the information and clarity of the photo's is super,
thanks for memories of how we lived,
i also wish you a speedy recovery, we need people like you to find these memories.
brilliant thanks again
jake

A Message from Mac with good news

John, I've just seen the entries on the Birmingham History Forum and
would like to thank you and everyone who left good wishes, unfortunately
I don't know how to reply on the site, forgot my user name and password,
I think I joined?.

The good news is that I went into hospital last Monday for the operation
and everything, touch wood, is working again, came out on Wednesday.

I can't do much at the moment, apart from rest and I'm off work for
about 4-6 weeks, no lifting or driving for about 3 weeks.

I have tried several times to access the oldladywood.co.uk website, but I can't get on to it. Does anyone know what has happened to it, please?

This is a link via Web archive it may not work for all parts of the site
Thank you Janice. I can see Osler Street again and a couple of Mom's old neighbours. By the way, here's a tip for using Web Archive. If you click on say Coxwell Rd, nothing is displayed. Unless you use the blue left pointing arrow at the top of the page to navigate back in time. Then you can see the pictures. :)

Back