• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lines and squares on prints.

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
I have a five year old Epson printer, SX105, I recently cleaned the Heads etc; as per their manual, I now find that some of my colour prints have faint lines, and squares on them.Any idea what might have caused thisd ?Not every one, but most ? Bernard.

Bernard:

If you are using compatible rather than genuine Epson inks, try a set of the genuine ones. Some of the older Epsons were not very keen on the compatibles. I won't say change the printhead because these days it is just as cheap to buy a new printer!

Maurice

Bernard:

If you are using compatible rather than genuine Epson inks, try a set of the genuine ones. Some of the older Epsons were not very keen on the compatibles. I won't say change the printhead because these days it is just as cheap to buy a new printer!

Maurice

Hi Maurice, My son in law set up my PC and printer and he told me never to use compatlble ink so I have always used Epson Ink.In the latest Argo cat; they had four printers all under £35, which is what Tesco charge for a Epson Multipack Ink !I do a lot of photo's and its annoying when this sort of thing happens.Thanks anyway.

Back