• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Line of Duty

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Is anyone watching "Line of Duty" on Tuesdays BBC2? It's filmed around Broad Street, the police station is actually the old TSB Bank.
It's a good TV "gritty cop drama" in itself (so far; episode 2 on Tuesday) but it's good to play 'spot the location' as well!

Sounds good thanks Charlie. Michael will always beat me on spot the location. Just been watching a programme on Pugin he spotted the location in Birmingham before I could speak...lol..

Two sites to help you track the Birmingham Locations used in Line of Duty (along with other shows)

Line of Duty Birmingham Locations on Facebook and Birmingham TV & Film Locations Tour Site

I hope to put another set of tours on during late September/Early October so if you are interested then keep checking the Tour Site or follow @Sparks68 on Twitter for updates.

Loving Line of Duty, final episode airs on Tuesday 24th July.

One other show to look out for is Stephen Poliakoff's 'Dancing on the Edge' a 1930s BBC period drama about The Louis Lester Jazz Band, which filmed in the Grand Hotel Ballroom and the Council House back in January 2012. Likely to be on TV around Christmas and may form part of the Christmas Holiday schedules on the BBC.

Last episode tonight.Last week it was around the central fire station,outside and inside.Those who missed Line of Duty,watch out for the repeat,it's the best production of it's kind for many years.

Last episode tonight.Last week it was around the central fire station,outside and inside.Those who missed Line of Duty,watch out for the repeat,it's the best production of it's kind for many years.

Totally agree Ray. I shall be sorry to see it finish tonight - best thing that's been on TV for ages. (And not a mention of the bl**dy Olympics in it)!!!!

Have just watched the final episode, have to agree, has been the best TV for a while. Missed this post earlier and kept thinking that it looked like Brum, now I know I was right - thanks for the info Sparks.
Hope they do another series like this one.
Sue

The series was very good. It emphasised the dubious happenings in the uk. I hope there is another series, but suspect that it was based on a real happenings which concluded as described in the on-screen text. Therefore there will be no sequel. There could however be another story

Folks, really enjoying this series BUT we only got up to episode 2 on Monday using iplayer and (as I just notoced you said earlier) they've took it off catch up/iplayer. Any ideas where else I might find it ~ say on the web etc ??

Stepehn have you put Line of Duty into google and see what comes up? there is only 1 more episode to see.

Just watched the first series of LofD - well worth watching if not already seen. I took a few screenshots along the way. Series first broadcast in 2012. Viv.

The old Municipal bank on Broad St

The old Central Fire Station - pre recent redevelopment

Smithfield Market, now demolished

Spaghetti Junction/Gravelly Hill interchange

Last edited:
Series One to Four have been shown on BBC 4 over the last week, broadcasting three episodes a night. Series One to Four
are on iplayer at the moment.

Back