• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Life's Dreams

Valerie Dunbar

master brummie
Life's Dreams

I lived a life, so far removed
From what I ever thought for me
The fantasy of swirling dreams
Pictures I never thought to see
Yet even so, can I complain
For I am here and so are you
Nothing is ever what it seems
Can I say what is false, or true?

In the past the future lies
I have heard it all before
So bitter sweet the memories
Then I am never really sure
Taking a stance on a romance
To pay the piper when he's due

Ups and downs are purely chance
These things I have been told before
Sometimes too great, love in excess
Forever needing wanting more
Life's dreams ever wrapped up tight
so I can never misconstrue.

Copyright Val Dunbar

hi val;
just read your work for the first time and that was brillient and i have to say that you have reinspired me to start re writing work again
the reason for not doing so over m last period of time his that i have had alot of problems in my life of yester year with the loss
of two brothers all in a short period of time and my own personal problems behind the scenes on the home front;
; still; val please continue ingiving us more of your work its very up lifting 'at least for me ; but i am sure our other members do enjoy it as well;
best wishes astonian;

Astonian & Jean Thanks for reading my poem, I will keep posting Jean and Astonian from what you have written it seems that you have had a really bad run of it I do hope that 2012 is a better year for you. val

Back