• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lichfield Road Aston

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
iddled a bit. It could almost be Barbers Tea, but don't think the Tea is right. The lower word could be cafe. The Ansells building is their wine & spirits dept at no 192. Looking in the 1940,1949 and 1955 Kellys, there is no cafe at no 176 (the building where the wall with the sign is)

lichfield road ansells part.jpg

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
mike i meant the ghost sign on the side of the ansells building..my fault for not making that clear

lyn

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Such a ghost that I did not notice it. The occupants before Ansells were wine & spirit merchants Charles Heeley, if anyone can make anything from that

Radiorails

master brummie
The Barbers Teas sign (which I agree about) and the others are posters or metal signs as far as I can seen. The ghost sign is one of the most difficult we have had so far. But hopefully something may turn up - even a photo - you never know with this place. :D

Radiorails

master brummie
We seem to have two Lichfield Road Aston threads.
The photo under discussion is on the other one (linked below). There is another, of the same building, but from the other direction.
A annotation on one photo says proposed site. Proposed site of what?

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
yes i should have realised i posted that photo before alan....i have a few photos that say proposed site but in this case as the advert is highlighted in black on the other thread i would think it means they intend to replace it with a proper advertsising board..cant be cerain of course

Last edited: