• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Library Of Birmingham 2013

Look up at the Wolfson Centre, Birmingham
The Wolfson Centre Archives are ..."unable to provide a reprographics/copying service:, and I live in North America.
I am looking for a digital copy of the following Inquest:
The Archives' response is "The Archives hold the Inquest for Edward Lee, held on February 13th 1879. The reference number for it is CO 2/1879/A/103, but when making your appointment you can just put the name of the person and the date of the Inquest, we will find it."
If someone is going to visit the Wolfson Centre and can include my request as part of their visit, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi Keith,

I'm not sure of the rules (they keep changing!) for photographing material for someone else's use but my husband is visiting the library in the next few weeks to do some research for me. If it's at all possible he will photograph your inquest for you and I will email it. I'll let you know and private message you for your email address. When we have researched some things in the past we have had to sign to say that we will not share them. Seems a bit daft when umpteen people can view and copy the same document. I don't think this will apply in your case as it's not copyrighted information.

Hi Again Keith,
Just had a discussion with my husband and he thinks that, provided the information from the inquest is transposed, there shouldn't be a problem. Therefore, if we can't send you copies of the original documents I will type out the contents for you.

Hello Thank you for your assistance in this matter. It is most appreciated. Over the years I've found each Archives to have different procedures and processes, and Birmingham is a challenging one. Thank you again.

Look up at the Wolfson Centre, Birmingham
The Wolfson Centre Archives are ..."unable to provide a reprographics/copying service:, and I live in North America.
I am looking for a digital copy of the following Inquest:
The Archives' response is "The Archives hold the Inquest for Edward Lee, held on February 13th 1879. The reference number for it is CO 2/1879/A/103, but when making your appointment you can just put the name of the person and the date of the Inquest, we will find it."
If someone is going to visit the Wolfson Centre and can include my request as part of their visit, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi Keith,

We've been to the Wolfson Centre today and copied Edward Lee's inquest papers for you. Don't worry about reimbursement - it didn't costs very much at all.
I spoke to the archivist about sharing this material and there was no problem with sending them to you but the images cannot be shared publicly which means I can't put them on the forum. I'm sending you a private message with my email address so if you get in touch I can let you have them.

Archives Card
If you have a CARN card then you can continue to use it until it expires. I obtained my Archives Card online and submitted a digital photo. I collected my card from Worcestershire HIVE yesterday (taking two proofs of identity). This card admits me to many archives nationally. The staff in the archive department were friendly and knowledgeable. HIVE is the central Worcester public library and houses the University of Worcester library in one collection. There is an archaeology desk open certain days. I recommend the Archive Card and take a pencil. I recommend the HIVE to any Worcestershire residents with a historical interest. You don't have to live in Worcestershire to use the archive. Archives Card

Back