• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lewis, Victor F.

Heidi Perry

Eileen Joyce Hands Bunker 1908-1956
I am related to Victor F Lewis. He is/was the the son of Ernest Harold and Dorothy Mildred (formerly Hands, nee Young) Lewis. He had half-siblings, Bert East Hands and Eileen Joyce Bunker (nee Hands; my maternal grandmother).
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Don't worry; I'm in Australia so not likely to turn up on any doorsteps. It's simply information I seek so if you have any you can share with me, please message me, I'll be ever so grateful.
Cheers,
Heidi

Last edited:
hello heidi just a reminder that by posting your private email on open forum is at your own risk..you can of course leave it on or remove it and ask if anyone can help you with your research to do so via our private message system especially if it relates to possible living persons...all the best

lyn

Date wise - I found Ernest Lewis married Dorothy Hands in 1918. Victor born probably 1928.

Last edited:
It would probably help people t help you if you gave some dates
Yes, you are absolutely correct! Thanks for the tip.
Victor Lewis was born in March (?) 1928. His mother, Dorothy was born in Willesden, Middx. in 1890 and died in Kings Norton, Worcs. in 1964. Victor's father, Ernest Harold Lewis was born in Kings Norton in 1882 but I don't know when he died. Half-sister, Eileen Joyce Bunker (nee Hands), was born in Willesden in 1908 and died in 1956. Half-brother, Bert East Hands, was born in Willesden, too, in 1910 and died in 1964, the same year as his mother.

hello heidi just a reminder that by posting your private email on open forum is at your own risk..you can of course leave it on or remove it and ask if anyone can help you with your research to do so via our private message system especially if it relates to possible living persons...all the best

lyn
Thank you for your advice, Lyn, much appreciated. I've edited my post accordingly.
Cheers,
Heidi

Date wise - I found Ernest Lewis married Dorothy Hands in 1918. Victor born 1928.
Ernest and Dorothy - both widowed - married at St Asaph church in Warwickshire on 18 May, 1918. Victor was born 10 years later but I have only found his birth record and marriage registration to Hilary A L Jones in September 1951. I've hit a roadblock!
Thank you for confirming the wedding year.
Cheers,
Heidi

There's a death registered for a Hilary Anne L Lewis in Bham, Apr 1986. Dob 25 Feb 1920.

Last edited:
Heidi,

Hilary Anne Lloyd LEWIS died 27 April 1986 and was living at 664 Pershore Road, Birmingham at the time of her death - from the Find-A-Will website.

Maurice

There's also a death for Victor Francis LEWIS in 1992 at Birmingham but no probate record.

Maurice

In 1950 a Victor F Lewis and a Dorothy Lewis were living at 403 Redditch Road, Kings Norton, according to the e roll.

Back