• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

lewis hamilton

dereklcg

master brummie
i would to congratulate Lewis Hamilton for
becoming Britain,s youngest formula 1
world champion ever. well done Lewis.

Daily Mirror 30/03/2009 SPEEDING
A pensioner was caught speeding in a car so old it hasn't even got a speedometer.
Stunned 67-year-old Dave Stanisfield, who is 19 years younger than his Model T Ford, was snapped doing 35mph in a 30mph zone.
He reckoned it couldn't go that fast so went to court in a bid to avoid the £60 fine - but ended up paying more.
He said: "When it was new it could do 46mph but it's nearly 90 years old now.
"I couldn't believe it when I got the letter. I was shocked.
"I'm no boy racer or Lewis Hamilton. I have great respect for the law and road safety."
Mr Stanisfield, a mechanic from Coventry, was caught on the way back from a vintage car rally in Worcestershire.
He said: "I couldn't prove I wasn't doing that speed.
Going to court was the wrong thing. I still got three points and £138 in fines and costs.
"But it's a lovely car. My mate's daughter delayed her wedding twice so it would be ready for the ceremony." Wrong age group to be Lewis Hamilton!!. Len.

Speed Cameras, bureaucrats and more increasingly police officers have no sense of humour. If the camera says your speeding the only chance you have is to prove the camera itself is illegal i.e incapable or wrongly sited. It has been done but rarely and it costs. I am afraid justice is expensive, the laws now need you to prove yourself innocent.
Its cheaper to roll over and take whats coming.
Monday morning rant over....I feel better now.

Hamilton...What a great drive...18th upto 4th. Keep going lad.
What did they do to Buttons car to suddenly make it a winner. Ross Braun is certainly worth more than a Honda R&D team when it comes to making racing cars go.

it amazes me when a firm like honda cant get it right and then along comes Ross brawn and gets it right first time however remains to be seen whether they can keep it up well done jensen and rubens life in old dogs yet lol and lewis well ?;)

it amazes me when a firm like honda cant get it right and then along comes Ross brawn and gets it right first time however remains to be seen whether they can keep it up well done jensen and rubens life in old dogs yet lol and lewis well ?;)

I think it's highly significant that Brawn reduced his workforce by a third. I wouldn't mind betting that most of those he let go wore suits and drove fancy cars. Go to any car factory these days and the suits outnumber the line-workers, or so it seems to me.

Big Gee

Back