• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Len Copsey R.I.P.

I never met him of course and that is the same status for me with all of the members but one has a feel for a person from reading the posts of the same and I would have to say that the signals sent were good ones.
RIP Len.

Re: Len Copsey

My sincere condolences gos out to Lens Family and Friends on this sad time of Year , RIP Len.
ragga ........

I trust that the esteem in which we all held Len will in some small way support those left behind. Blessings and every strength.
Ted

I never met Len, but from all the comments and condolences on here He must have been a great fellow. My thoughts are with his next of kin at what for most is a happy time of year.
R.I.P. Len

I have been away and im deeply saddened to return to the forum to find out that our dear friend Len has passed away.
God bless.

Have only just caught up with this post, although I never met Len, enjoyed his posts on the forum.
RIP Len and condolences to his family and friends.
Sue

Have only just caught up with this post.. so sorry to hear of Len's death. He will be well missed on the forum. My sincere condolences to Len's family and friends. R.I.P Len

I too have only just caught up with this thread but would like to add my condolences to those of the other members. RIP Len.

Hi everyone, Len's son here.

Firstly, apologies for not getting this sorted sooner, but as I'm sure you can understand, it's been a little hectic lately.

I'd just like to thank all of you for all the messages in the original thread, I did show them to Dad while he was in the hospital and he did read them all, though sadly they didn't have the effect we all wished they had. Also thanks to those of you who sent letters/cards to him and those of you who went to see him.

Furthermore I'd like to thank you all for the messages since then, it's nice to see how much you enjoyed Dad's input here, obviously as much as he enjoyed being a part of the forum. I've always 'lurked by proxy' since he's been posting here because he'd fill me in on what was happening, but I'm afraid my knowledge of Birmingham History would be no substitute for his.

The funeral is on Monday (9th January 2012) 12:15pm at Yardley Crematorium, we're having a collection for the British Heart Foundation, Stroke Association & Cancer Research in lieu of flowers, and going back to the Sheldon Heath Social Club after. Hopefully some fo you will be able to make it.

hello paul and thank you for letting us know the details of your dads funeral arrangements and once again please accept my condolences..len will be greatly missed.. the input that he made on this forum will always be here for everyone to read..if you are interested in the history of birmingham paul this is the place to be and you will be amongst friends...hope you keep in touch..

lyn..

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting the details for monday, I hope to be able to make it to Yardley.
Sadly I didnt get to meet your Dad, but my partner did when he called at our house to drop some BSA papers back to me. My partner said what a lovely chap your Dad was at the time.
Your Dad and I had many chats via the Forum and I will really miss that.
I would like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family...my thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

Hello Paul,Many thanks for posting a message on the Forum about your dad,it was nice to speak to you before Christmas .Sorry i can't get up from Torquay for Monday but my thoughts are with you & Carol and when i have finished work on Monday i wil raise a glass to the memory of a dear friend Len Copsey.All the very best to you and mom,Jim Houston & Family

Re: Len Copsey

Greetings Paul.

I am grateful for the information you have given us.

I will give your late father some thought when I am in church: although we never knew each other - other than via this Forum - it is always sad when someone, accepted as a friend, leaves town.

However, I am sure many here will agree, don't lurk: come back soon and be part of the place. I am sure there will be many things that you can inform us about - particularly some of your fathers memories which he may have passed on to you.

Condolences once again and be assured lots of folks will also be thinking of you all on Monday.

Hello Paul,it will need a bit of juggling with my arrangements for me to attend on Monday but I will do my best, and if I can not manage it in person I will be there in my mind.
RIP Len, it was nice to have swapped stories with you.
Paul, it is quite usual for most men to be of similar character as their father, with this in mind I can only reiterate what others have said about you becoming a popular and welcome member of this forum.
stitcher

Back