• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

LEMON, PHYLLIS - Yardley?

M

Marlene

Kia Ora
I am seeking anyone who might have connections of any sort to PHYLLIS LEMON who lived at 115 KATHLEEN St YARDLEY in 1930.
I think she marrried Arthur William STEPHENS in 1934 and in 1939 lived at 133 Queens Rd Yardley.

Family in New Zealand anxious to track the Stephens family forward!
Fingers crossed!
Marlene

Kia Ora
I am seeking anyone who might have connections of any sort to PHYLLIS LEMON who lived at 115 KATHLEEN St YARDLEY in 1930.
I think she marrried Arthur William STEPHENS in 1934 and in 1939 lived at 133 Queens Rd Yardley.

Family in New Zealand anxious to track the Stephens family forward!
Fingers crossed!
Marlene
Hi Marlene, My Aunt Sue lived in Kathleen Road, Hay Mills/Yardley in 1930 pre & post WW2, sorry that it was so long ago because my relations are all RIP i don`t think any one living in Kathleen Rd now would have memories of that time due to ethnic origins, good luck to your search. Len.

Marlene, good luck with your search.My grandparents Edward and Eva Goode lived at 67 Kathleen Rd at that time,My Aunt Claudine had a friend called Phyliss but think she was a workmate and not a neighbour. I think Len is right and no one will remember ,I have thought about trying to find some relatives of Grans neighbours myself as I lived there as a baby. Margaret.

It is great to know there are people who remember the street as it was then!
Arthur was my great granpa Henry's, grandnephew. I am trying to track the family FORWARD from when Henry left Brum in 1878!!!
So far I have found one living rellie! Great fun sharing info & photos!
Regards
Marlene

Back