• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

LEGEND KIRK DOUGLAS DIES AGE 103

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
sad to hear of the passing of kirk douglas today aged 103...i have seen many of his films but the one that always sticks in my mind is the VIKINGS i watched this when i was about 16 at a friends house in crabtree road winson green.(funny how some things you just dont forget)..the haunting soundtrack has never left me...great film with great actors......couple of links below including his viking funeral...

RIP KIRK DOUGLAS

Last edited:

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
sad to hear of the passing of kirk douglas today aged 103...i have seen many of his films but the one that always sticks in my mind is the VIKINGS i watched this when i was about 16 at a friends house in crabtree road winson green.(funny how some things you just dont forget)..the haunting soundtrack has never left me...great film with great actors...RIP kirk douglas...
oh how sad he was a very good actor, from a viking to a gunfighter. RIP kirk.1580973760264.png1580973806059.png1580973842375.png

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
spartacus was another great film...kirk douglas once again teaming up with tony curtis

A Sparks

master brummie
Ah that's sad :(
I was just thinking about him on Tuesday as I saw a doccumentary film about an American photographer in which Michael Douglas was speaking a few times.
Great age though!
RIP

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Yes, I saw this yesterday and sad, but he reached a great age. Lots of good films too and a handsome man in his younger days. RIP Kirk.

Maurice :cool:

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
sad to hear of the passing of kirk douglas today aged 103...i have seen many of his films but the one that always sticks in my mind is the VIKINGS i watched this when i was about 16 at a friends house in crabtree road winson green.(funny how some things you just dont forget)..the haunting soundtrack has never left me...great film with great actors......couple of links below including his viking funeral...

RIP KIRK DOUGLAS

Yes a great film and a superb piece of music, but did you notice how many British Actors and Actresses were in it, including Dandy Nicols. He is reunited with that other great with whom he made seven movie - Burt Lancaster, remember Gunfight at the OK Corral. Another great from the arts world lost.
As all have said RIP Kirk, you are now in Valhalla.

Bob

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Great picture, John, I don't think you'd see too many of todays top film actor's doing that - more like Lambherginis.

Maurice :cool: