• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lee/lea

daisymeg

Brummie babby
seeking anything on my grandfather. fredrick george lee/ george fredrick lea.
he died somewhere between 1913 and 1920 while he died at the general hospital in birmingham and i understand he was buried in birmingham. they lived at the time at beechy lanes warley.
he was married to elizabeth lee nee evans. his father was edward lee a blacksmith ,he had a sister maris who remained a spinster. and lived in birmingham till her death.sometime after1911.
thank you.

Hello daisymeg, Beech Lanes area was Oldbury Warley, on the edge of Quinton. The Parish Curch is Christchurch which has a burial ground extension at the back I believe. Also there is Quinton Cemetery nearby.
rosie.

P.S. I've just had a look at Quinton Local History Society Website, and there is a Frederick George Lees buried in 1919 August 16th, ref UC 196 ??? I know it's a "long shot" but you never know!!!

https://www.qlhs.org.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you it looks as if he could be the one.
i did not know where beech lanes was other than it was by lightwoods park as my grandmother worked in a cafe there during world war 1 .amd my mother went to lightwoods infant school.

Thank you Colin for putting the link for me!

If you add archive/archive.html it takes you to the transcriptions for school records as well as the burial index.
rosie.

Back