• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

leadbetter agnes family history

sheldon

proper brummie kid
can anybody help me im looking for information on agnes leadbetter 1876 1942 married 2 my gr grfather surname jones they had 2 sons edgar jones william jones i think they had a daughter not sure bout surname leadbetter could b agnes madien name or through other marriage lived birmingham yardley small heath mayb aston any information would b gratefull sheldon:D ??? :rolleyes: :Aah: :) :D :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Agnes Leadbetter born in 1876 and married in 1942? What was her husband's christian name?

hi its sheldon i dont no my gr grandfathers first name all the information i have is what i have posted sorry i cant be any more help

Hi Sheldon ,can we clarify a few facts.

Agnes was born in 1876 you then say '1942 married to jones and had 2 sons maybe daughter,'She would have been 66 in 1942.
Perhaps you meant she died 1942.
Either way I searched for Agnes Jones death 1942 found none around the the age 66 in the area.
Do you know approx when Edgar jones was born.
Was he your grandfather,who did he marry.

Afraid you have to be a bit of a detective when the information is limited.

Welcome to the site and never fear we will dig until we ,hopefully ,find something, Alberta

hi Alberta im very new this site so ive not made it clear with the information i posted my gr grandmother agnes leadbetter married to my gr granfather surname jones dont no his first name agnes was born 1876 died 1942 but died with the surname leadbetter maybe it could have been her madien name or through other marraige not sure ino they had 2 sons edgar and william and a daughter edgar was my grandfather born1910 died 18 9 1973 he was a coalman he is buried with his mother at yardley edgar married pheobe dont no her madien name they had a son edgar twins raymond and maureen my mother who died in 1991 her mother pheobe born 12 sep died 1989 i cant be sure if agnes had a daughter i only heard nobody in my family really spoke of my gr granparents and ther is nobody now in my family who can help im the youngest of 4 so i keep asking my older siblings but they only rember a bit my brother rembers going on the coal wagon with my grandadad coalmam who lived in smallheath his yard was not far from his house i rember my mom telling me .his other son also edgar born1934 died1 oct 2000 he lived in brodsely green area my moms twin raymond is still alive and well thats all the info i no thanks 4 you reply and sorry if ive gone on a bit best wishes sheldon

Agnes would not have been buried with her maiden name,it must have been that she had married for a 2nd time to Mr Leadbetter.

The best place to start tracing your family tree is with hard facts.

The registration of your grandfathers death in 1973 gives his birthdate as
12th April 1910 and there is a birth of Edgar Jones registered Aston at that time.

If you get the certificate(it will cost £7) from Birmingham register Office
it will have Agnes maiden name and Edgars fathers name and occupation.
If you get back to us with that information it will not be long before we can find some connections for you.

thankyou so much for the information you posted to me i will take your advice and i will get back to you best wishes sheldon:redface:

Back