• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lawrence St Gosta Green

Unfortunately not, only info…

In 1891 a scheme of 82 houses in Lawrence St. Later it says it was one of the projects embroiled in controversy, and Nettlefold himself took a decided stance against the very principle of municipal house building.

Unfortunately not, only info…

In 1891 a scheme of 82 houses in Lawrence St. Later it says it was one of the projects embroiled in controversy, and Nettlefold himself took a decided stance against the very principle of municipal house building.

Thanks. I have 2 connections, my great uncle was listed in terrace b in 1901 and my sister-in-law lived in terrace a (I think) in the 1960s.

Two different rows certainly, the plaque on the second picture looks like a B, but I thought the same for the first picture as well. :)

Does anybody remember the garage that was on Lawrence Street. It would have been built around 1960 and was demolished so the university could be extended

Back