• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

LAST POST

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
Fair play
I tell you now with out a shadow of doubt
From the poetry forum I am getting out
I am wasting my time writing verse
For the lack of response makes me terse
I have to ask myself does it matter
Yes because its my ego you shatter
You say we don't write here for praise
But we all know the truth, its a malaise
Sitting and browsing here for your reply
That's why I am going to say goodbye
Every now and then we all want praise
Just a word and my spirits would raise
Well now I have given up the ghost
This will be the last word from mine host

I hope it's not so but I do understand,
'No praise' makes you grumpy and blue,
So I'll give it up thumbs,
And because of your state,
I'll give it up toes as well too.

Well done.

Why do we write these words and rhymes
Some of love, some about our past times
Often of nature, but not always the case
Sometimes about follies of this human race
A venting of feelings one might assume
From the lonely author in a silent room

So a few word of praise, or even redress
Thoughts of failure they might surpress
Your poetry stands amongst the best
You have a rare talent, yes truly blessed
Don't loose sight of this your true worth
Author, poet, historian, man of mirth.

Your poetry does stand as tall and proud amongst the very best Ive read.

Quite hontestly John, your poetry sometimes overwhelms me...Why you ask?
I love poetry but I could no more conjure up the verses that you write and
fit the mood of your subjects so completely. It's just not going to happen. I have many poetry books around me and so can relate to poetry well. Just can't string the words together somehow but I like being overwhelmed by your writing talent. that's it, plain and simple. If I haven't conveyed that to you I am truly sorry.

As Rod said, John your method of writing, the flow and the sheer thoughtfulness and
capture of the moment is a talent that is among the best on our site. Please don't give up writing poetry for this site. It is being read by many. I am a "core" forum member and I would encourage many more of our now over 1,000 members to make their presence known by adding a message, some poetry or response to John and other gifted poetry writers on this forum.

:angel: John I think I may have made this statement before, or something similar to more than one of the great poets (that really does include you John :smitten:) who contribute there work to this forum.

"Your words are strung together so expertly, that any comment that I make may not give the writing the accolade it truly deserves and just sound like a cliche, or pretentious in comparison"

Also look at the amount of time your work is read rather than the amount of comments made. As I'm sure there are others who feel about continually commenting with the same words and phrases may give the impressions stated above..‚..

Back