• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lane-Dobbins-Siviter families Aston

M

Milavia

Seeking to make contact with Michael J Lane born Aston Birmingham 1949.
Son of Harold Walter Lane (1916-2000) and Joan Siviter (1920-1996) who married in Birmingham 1942. They may have had other children. Michael's grandparents are Philip Evelyn Lane (1883-1956) Iron Moulder and Elsie Dobbins (b.1894 B'ham) married Aston 1912. Philip is the son of my Great Grandfather Walter Lane of King Stanley Stroud.

If you are Michael J Lane born Birmingham 1949 I would love to hear from you.

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi milavie
what part of aston do they come from do you know
in the fortys and early fiftys there was a family of lanes and the one lad was a michael and he had a sister called carol
we was friends and in the same class at upper thomas st school aston
they lived behind a shop it was up a terrace and it became between mr horton the builders merchants on the corner of victoria rd and upper thomas st but there house ran behind mrs jacksons shop and they neibour was the crutchleys whom was also a friend of mine in those days
in the fortys
best wishes astonion

M

Milavia

Hi Astonian,
Thank you for your swift reply. Not a lot more information I am afraid. The only thing I know is in 1911 Census Philip Evelyn Lane Iron Moulder lived at 8 Cumberland Street Birmingham with a Clarke family, then in 1912 he married Elsie Dobbins at Aston. Harold Walter is shown born Birmingham; Joan Siviter shown as born Aston; Michael J is shown born Birmingham. Sadly I do not have any Certificates at this time that might provide more precise detail of their whereabouts etc. Nevertheless trust the above address might help. Kind regards milavia

Lost in Moseley

proper brummie kid
Hi milavie
what part of aston do they come from do you know
in the fortys and early fiftys there was a family of lanes and the one lad was a michael and he had a sister called carol
we was friends and in the same class at upper thomas st school aston
they lived behind a shop it was up a terrace and it became between mr horton the builders merchants on the corner of victoria rd and upper thomas st but there house ran behind mrs jacksons shop and they neibour was the crutchleys whom was also a friend of mine in those days
in the fortys
best wishes astonion

Hi Astonian. There was a Lane family living up the entry behind Mrs Jackson shop in Upper Thomas Street. They lived Next to the Crutchley's and the Jarvis's. Carol had a younger sister Margaret, and three brothers: Ernie, Lesley and Robert, but no Michael. I hope this helps.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
I regret to tell you that Astonian is no longer with us having passed away
[/QUOTE

and could i just remind members that if a member has "gone but not forgotten" written underneath their avatar then this signifies that they have sadly passed away

lyn