• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ladywood Road School

RobPerkins

Brummie babby
HI I'm trying g to find out if there are any public records showing which school my father went to in the early 1930s. He lived in Studley Street and I think he may have attended Ladypool Road School but want to make sure by trying to find out if there are any pupil records.
Thanks
Rob Perkins

Rob,

There are, of course, none online and when Birmingham Archives at the Library of Birmingham reopen they can check for you. Currently only 20% of the deposited records are entered onto the catalogue system here:-
http://calmview.birmingham.gov.uk/CalmView/advanced.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog
and all that is listed are records for the Primary School from 1961-72. These most likely do not include student records. The other problem your may encounter, if the records have survived, is the 100 year closure rule. You can try emailing them at [email protected] but you may have a long wait to get a reply.

Maurice :cool:

Back