• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ladywood - Past and Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Joseph

proper brummie kid
www.oldladywood.co.uk

Take a walk around Ladywood, visit the schools like Osler Street, Steward Street, St. John’s, St. Mark’s, St. Barnabas, are you on any of the school photographs?

Then go and have look at the streets – Monument Road, Hyde Road, Rann Street, Icknield Port Road to name just a few. Then the shops and factories, do you remember Hickman’s, Landon’s, Les-Ray Hairdressers in Monument Road, Alfredo's Fish and Chip Shop in Bellis Street, Dockers, Belliss & Morcom and many, many more photographs.

Did you play football for Belliss and Morcom or Ladywood Boys Club in the 50’s? Then you could be on the photographs that appear in the sport section.

I had a very pleasant browse through your site last night. I'm not sure how I found it, but enjoyed it even though my only contact with the area was mainly the old Ice Rink.

I love this site - I can spend ages looking on it. The photos and stories are fascinating.
Polly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back