• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lady Dartists

She well matched with the wallpaper. Looks Turkish to me. Numbers 20, 4 & 13 have been well used on the dartboard. Call me old fashioned but i don`t like ladies drinking pints, they`ll be sporting tattoos next :rolleyes:

Yes, much better with two halves! Gosh, they will be having their tongues and noses pierced soon.

Not Sobranie fags, looks too thick. But could be a Gitanes or even Capstan Full Strength. Viv.

That pub looks a ringer for my old local at the top of Larches Street in Sparkbrook. The door in the corner next to the dart board over what looks like the fireplace and even the wallpaper.

The dartboard is well used shown by the worn 20 section and whats more it's been recycled because the numbers have been moved at least once shown by the worn out 13.

So it's obviously not my old local because we would have demanded a new board as the darts team wouldn't have played on that board. I don't recognise the young lady at all, but it might have been before I started using the pub.

phil if the only reason you reckon it cant be your old local is the state of dartboard and having played team darts very often on match nights a tatty dart board was replaced by a match board....

yes mort i meant to mention it could be a bottle of barley wine...i used to drink it in the 70s until it kept getting the better of me so i knocked it on the head...very very strong stuff for a little bottle:eek:

lyn

phil this one looks like it could have been taken in the same pub...wallpaper is the same ??

lady drinkers.jpg

also this one looks as though it was taken in the same pub as previous 2 photos..again same wallpaper i have saved these 3 in seperate folder should we find a definite location for them...just wondering if this was a ladies only pub...where are the men:D

NANCY.jpg

Last edited:
A few of the pubs I drank in had either a Ladies Lounge or a Snug. Most of my drinking was of a social nature and in mixed company.
Many will say that drinking was a social pastime but some of the pubs were for serious and hard drinking and not where Ladies should or would want to go and maybe a reflection of the hard times and hard men who drank solely to get off their faces.
Cheers Tim

also this one looks as though it was taken in the same pub as previous 2 photos..again same wallpaper i have saved these 3 in seperate folder should we find a definite location for them...just wondering if this was a ladies only pub...where are the men:D

View attachment 126553
Where are the men? Most of the gals i went out with could drink the men under the table, so there`s your answer, the men are under the table in a drunken stupor.;)

Back