• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lad in the Lane/Old Green Man Erdington Football Team

davidfowler

Exiled Brummie
Anyone on here with links to this team? My Grandad played for them. It would have been in the early 1900's, around 1906 - 1920 ish probably. There used to be a photo of the team hanging in the pub but it disappeared many years ago. I intend to go there on my next trip to Birmingham and ask the current landlord if there's any "memorabilia" about.

Thanks
David

Its all in a days work David for Frothie, he's the Chief tester for the Forum:D

David,
Maureen the owner wasn't there today, and there's nothing on the walls so I'll try to see her next week. Hard week this is:rolleyes:

Frothblower,
Just not good enough!:redface:
Get yourself back time and time again. Sorry to put you through all this drinking.;)

Hi David, I used to live in Cleeve House just up from the GreenMan/Lad in the Lane.
My grandad Freddie Hopkins used to be the pot man for there and the Navi many many moons ago! Actually he laid the bowling green at the Lad, he must be turning over in his grave to see it now!
My then husband Paul Thomas and his brothers, Kenny, David and brother in law Bill used to play for the Lad in the 60's
How ya doing Frothy? haven't heard form you lately!

Sorry,I'll try again next week,hard work this is!
Hello Jude, how you keeping?
I've been off the scene because my Mother in law died recently, very sad, she was a good old stick.

Hello Frothy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom in law. and how nice to hear you say that she was a good old stick!

Hey Jude.............(Sorry about that) and sorry to hijack the thread, but can you PM me with your "Freddy Hopkins" links, just to see if I have a connection.

Back