• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

"Lad in The Lane meet"

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
nice piccies bri...good to to the one of me taking a pic of you taking a pic of me lol..

great to see you mabz...dont leave it so long next time..:encouragement:

Templer

Brummie
And into the cellar!!

DSC_0064_zps94c9ace7.jpg

DSC_0061_zpsc5c17338.jpg

DSC_0063_zps3e6a2771.jpg

DSC_0067_zps79199e0c.jpg

Last edited:

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
cracking pics there bri....actually i felt quite at home down the cellars..even the smell took me back to the cellars down villa st lol...ps love the pic of lynne and paul looks like he cant wait to get started on the tray bake..

lyn.x

pollypops

master brummie
Great pictures - thank you for sharing them with us. Did the cellars smell horrible? The photo of Lynne makes me think they did!
Is sistersue on the photos?

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi pol..post 216 sister sue in the middle and to the right her lovely mom ann....ann in the red coat down the cellars...

lyn

lynne webb

master brummie
Polly, there were two rooms in the cellar, the one smelt like really bad drains but the other smelt like flowers. It was well worth a look though...
Lynne

pollypops

master brummie
Polly, there were two rooms in the cellar, the one smelt like really bad drains but the other smelt like flowers. It was well worth a look though...
Lynne

That's strange - I can understand a cellar smelling of drains but flowers???? Sounds a bit ghostly to me..........

sistersue61

master brummie
Hi Pollypops, yes unusually Brian did get pics, I usually avoidthe camera lol!
Have to say mom appears on a lot of them this time, especially in the cellars, which were interesting and the smells in the two rooms were completely different, but the rose smelling one felt the oldest if that makes any sense at all!!
Frothy and Brian, please can you say a big thank you to the barmaid, whose name I didn't catch, she was golden, with all our odd requests for tea and coffee, and all with a smile.
Sue

lynne webb

master brummie
Polly, the toilet roll in the ladies loo was even more strange, it jumped off the wall when I was in there and did something similar when Sues mom was in there..Very weird..

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Polly, the toilet roll in the ladies loo was even more strange, it jumped off the wall when I was in there and did something similar when Sues mom was in there..Very weird..

ahh ahh lynne so thats where all the loo roll went to then...im taking me own next time lol..

sistersue61

master brummie
In fairness Lyn, Lynne only dropped it on the floor, mom managed to get it straight down the loo!!!! She did put it to dry though, will just be a bit crinkly lol.
Sue

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
Sorry ladies the toilets do let the place down. Cath has told me how bad the ladies toilets are. The floor in the gents is like a skate rink. I'll have a word with the gaffer. Sorry again

Last edited: