• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

"Lad in The Lane meet"

Templer

Brummie
Thank you to everyone that attended the meet at the Lad today, It was good to see you all again, I hope you enjoyed it.
It was good to meet our new member ypauly and his lovely wife, it's a small world, used to live across the road from him many years back, the last time I saw him he was no taller than the gate post, hope to see you again very soon Paul.
Pictures will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
Great response to the raffle everyone. £110 Which I'm going to donate it to Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. Thanks again.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
fantastic froth...well done to everyone...

welldone_zpse8f9481b.gif

pollypops

master brummie
Glad to hear so many of you made it to the meet. Thanks for posting the pictures for us to see- it looks as if you all had a great time.
What is that on the cellar steps Lyn? Is it something that has broken into two pieces? Curious now!

sistersue61

master brummie
Lyn that is spooky, we looked at that and I didn't notice anything on it, neither did mom!! The pic of me makes me look drunk, I only had one honest!!!!
And I also thought I took more than 4 photo's.......................................................
Sue

smithy

master brummie
Hya All
I am so glad you all had a great time.
I was on standby for a long time, but the snow kept coming but did ease a little at one time.
Didnt know whether to risk it, but decided best not not to as I do live on my own.
My one son lives in scotland and the other is a nurse at solihull and on duty until 7pm. So thought it better to play safe.
Would love to have been with you all.

sistersue61

master brummie
Nice pics Frothy!
Never mind Smithy, maybe it won't snow for the next one, wise not to take a risk, the paths were slippy and the side roads.
Sue

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
sue and polly i wish someone would tell me whats going on in that pic i took on post 175...all i know is thats how it came out.. ive never had anything like that before..very freaky if you ask me..

lyn

Last edited:

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
pol its not the stairs its where they rolled down the beer barrels into the cellar and no as sue said there was nothing there...its very strange isnt it..there also appears to be an old sack at the bottom..cant recall seeing that either but maybe sue or her mom can answer that one..

Last edited:

pollypops

master brummie
So do you know what it is froth? It looks as if it might have holes for screws in the back - is it something that was once fitted to a wall?

sistersue61

master brummie
I didn't remember the sack but mom did Lyn - must be old age lol and looking t Frothys pic, them bits are on there, maybe its something that the camera flash throws up?
Sue

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
What do you think of this photo then. Some people call these dots orbs, I think they are specks of dust the flash picks up?
4388786649_074623d225_b.jpg

pollypops

master brummie
They are strange aren't they - I noticed one large round one on Lyn's photo - towards the top right corner.