• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

lad in the Lane meet On The Day

Well done Chris,Brian & Ian. Great meet and great company and well done for the spread, It was superb. Glad the turn out was so good too.

Chocks

are you tired then froth:D seriously though well done to you and brian and what a great amount of money going to the charity...see you at the next one:)

oh and no piccies taken..????...:headhit::D

THanks to Chris for organising the day and thanks to Chris, Brian and Ian for the food, there was enough to feed and army. It was good to get out to meet you all Loking forward to the next one.

sorry to have missed you and mo today mike.. great to see you out and about again.but as you said see you both at the next one..:)

lyn

Thanks for a great day nice to be there and the food well have just polished off me doggy bag lol great atmosphere good company proper beer what can I say lol nice to see Mike n Maureen out n about thanks to Brian Chris and Ian and can I come again I didnt eat ALL the Food but had my fill thanks lol

Can I take this opportunity to thank my wife Cath for doing the Raffle. One job I didn't want to do and gave Wendy a break from doing it

I would also like to thank Key Hill Brian for donating 2 prizes to the Raffle.
and of cause to Eric for his 2 Fabulous paintings.

Hya all how great it was to meet some of you today. Choccie biscuits have been enjoyed with several cups of tea, thank you.
It was a smashing spread and so well done. My friend bob enjoyed it and has now enrolled as a member.

Will be looking out for the birdie on ebay, not bidding though. So glad it wasnt one of my lads who won it as I would never hear the end of it.
Roll on the next meet for it has given me so much to luck forward to in the future, thank you all.

Thank you all for sharing your day with those of us that were not able to be there. Photos and you-tube videos were great. My friends ancestors were running that pub in 1911 so I shall be showing her what it looks like inside.

It was nice to see all the photos and video. Glad you all had a good time and one day I hope to join you all again, Graham.

Nice to see all the photos sorry I wasn,t able to make it this time I missed a good day and was unable to get my car sticker. Dek

A couple of pictures from yesterday.
Pic 1 Frothy and myself arrived a little early.
Jim, those are the worst two pints of Theakstons I have ever seen.

Dscf5595.jpg

Dscf5601.jpg

Dscf5615.jpg

Dscf5635.jpg

Last edited:
glad everybody had a good time, i wish i could have been there, i hope to be making the next meet,
really good pics and videos,

Can I also give my thanks for a very good meet and thanks to Chris Ian and Brian and Cath, my Bro and I enjoyed ourselves and glad the "Road Kill" went to a good home, I honestly thought it was a frozen one rather than a pre stuffed before I saw it, Thanks to everyone attending and making it a great afternoon and seeing MikeG and Mo again.

It was great to see that the snow kept off yesterday......... :D

I am sorry that I had to leave early yesterday. Thanks to everyone for making my short stay really enjoyable and I am looking forward to our next meet-up. Mabz

It was great to see that the snow kept off yesterday......... :D

I am sorry that I had to leave early yesterday. Thanks to everyone for making my short stay really enjoyable and I am looking forward to our next meet-up. Mabz

We've just dropped your prizes off at your club Mabz

Cath, Brian,Ian and myself would like to thank you all for partaking in the Raffle. We raised £110.00 for The John Taylor Hemorial Home. Give yourselves a big tap on the back

Thanks for the update Frothy. A very good cause I have visited the place myself after loosing a very dear friend there a few years ago. Well done everyone who donated prizes and those who bought tickets.

Back