• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

lad in the Lane meet On The Day

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...just got back from the footie..sorry i couldnt make it..hope you all had a good time and look forward to seeing some pics...:)

lyn

Please use this thread for photo's and posts regarding todays meet.

I would also like to add my thanks to Chris and Brian and Ian for arranging the meet, great buffet lads.

Colin

Last edited:
Wonderful do, many thanks for a good spread, and especial thanks to the lad who picked up the old bird - from most of us!
Enjoy the peace and quiet, not many birds are quite so quiet.

Brian

just got back:)..brilliant meet:thumbsup:thanks Froth, Brian and Ian for a great buffet ..was nice to meet everyone again:):)

Apologies for my none attendance, but ill health prevented it. I have to pay particular thanks and admiration to Frothblower ( Chris ) for putting his regard and commitment to TBHF before his love for his football team. I salute you Chris . Max

Have had a brilliant afternoon meeting everyone at the Lad, mom and dad thoroughly enjoyed it too.It's nice to put faces to names and the company was great! Think it was probably a better choice than the match for Blues fans given the score lol.
Thanks to Chris, Brian and Ian for organising it, the food was great.
Hope to make the next one too.
Sue, Ann and Pete.

Great time lovely Buffet and good company, only snag is I left my hat there, hope it gets handed in for it has sentimental value. Thanks Chris and Brian again for a good buffet and a great outing. Eric

Cookie, I'm sure someone has it safe for you, it was there when we left, so Chris or Jim will know where it went.
Sue

im glad everyone had a good time.

sorry to say i have a rotten cold at the moment so was unable to come :cry:

Great meet the pub was amazing a "real" pub! Brilliant to meet old friends and new:). Lovely to meet sistersue and her Mom and Dad. Chris and Brian the buffett was lovely I had seconds!! I also had a nice rest from doing the raffle thanks to Chris and Cathy. My real treat was seeing MikeG and Mo well done Mo for driving Mike over! xx. Thrilled I won one of Eric's paintings on the raffle (glad it wasn't the bird) I bet the lad who won it will have the last laugh when he sells it on ebay:D!! Once again great meet now I can't wait till the next one. It was just what I needed a good chat and laugh with friends:):)....thank you all..xxx

Lad_In_The_Lane_meet.JPG
002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for a great afternoon, it was good to meet everyone,new and old. The buffet was super,well done..It was so good to see Mike and Mo again. Looking forward to the next one.
Lynne.

My sister in law says those old Victorian stuffed birds are back in fashion and can fetch up to £200 !!!Glad my Hat as been found (a present from my sister in law Edna) if its handed in to the bar I can always go and pick it up Thanks a lot to whoever found it, much appreciated.. Glad you like the painting Wendy, thats the 4th time I have painted that pub, who won the other painting ??? Eric

This is the beer mat depicting the pub, its one of a set of 20 and I'v got 'em all

A great afternoon, a very big thank you to everyone there, it was good to meet everyone again.
It was fantastic to see Mike and Maureen there, also meeting sistersue61 and smithy for the first time.
Thank you to everyone for supporting the raffle, It raised £100 +.
Don't worry about your hat Eric it is in Frothy's safe keeping.
Didn't take too many pictures today, will post them later.

Back