• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kyte Edward

theodore

master brummie
Any information on Edward Kyte please. Only details I have died 30th October 1914 and is burried in Little Aston (St. Peter) Churchyard. Served with Worcestershire Regiment 2nd Battalion and died from wounds.

Regards

Peter

Re: Edward Kyte

Hello Peter I can't help with details but the church you mention is the church I attended as a child and where my brother married. It is actually situated in the Four Oaks estate on the Roman Road. There must be a memorial there I will look on my next visit. I don't go often but sometimes I go to visit a school friends grave she died at 14 falling from the back of a motorbike.

Hopefully this info might help as I suspect he would have lived in the area of Little Aston.

Found he died of his wounds at home in Sutton Coldfield. Service no 11870. There is a medal card on Ancestry which hopefully someone with more information may be able to help. I wonder if it was reported in the Sutton News local paper.

Hi Wendy and Colin,

Thank you both for your replies to my posting . Ihave his MIC details and a the photograph of his CWGC headstone. Just hoping I may get a little more info regarding the names of his parents or wife. Found census (1891 & 1901) details on Ancestry that may be Edward but just need a little more info to confirm.

Regards

Peter

Back