• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kynoch's Fire Brigade

izabellanne

master brummie
Wellhead Lodge

Chris / Mike
I lived at the lodge on the right of Wellhead Gate. My Dad was second chief fire officer Amos. The Chief fire officer Morgan lived in the lodge at the left of the gate. There was a gate at the bottom of the garden straight in to the site, which I used every morning to walk to the Kynoch Press, where I was a Readers copy holder..What boring copy I had to read. The only good read was the kynoch news, which I think came out every month.I also worked with the photograghers Mr. Worth, and David. My first job there was in Paper Box, where we made many diferent sizes of bullett boxes..
I also used the Holford club occasionally, it was usually for the Dances.
I have a very old photo of the Wellhead gate and the lodge I lived in, but I do not seem to be able to upload it.I will e.mail anyone interested.
Great days!!!!!

Izabellanne - I have the vaguest memory of an inter-works fire brigade competition held at Witton shortly after the war. I probably saw your dad in action!

Persevere with your efforts to upload your pic – I’m sure several forum members will like to see it.

Chris

I loved the sports day every year. My Dad would be there with his well polished fire engine on show. I also loved the Christmas dance.Did anyone else go to them?:D

Helloooo Aunty IzabellAnne :) Look what I found today while going through my photo folder - a picture of your dad (my grandad) by his well polished fire engine - taken in 1948 at the Kynoch's Sports Day. I have just sent you a copy in case you haven't seen it before :lol: I know you can't see much of the fire engine, but it's a great photo. x

Great photo, Tanya, and thanks for posting it. The background is interesting as well!

Any more?

Chris

Back