• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kynoch Cycling Club

Returning to the meaning of TT (post #28), I think it stands for Tourists’ Trial. Viv.

Attachments

• 1FAC0528-11F0-474D-BFBA-7207430C77C1.jpeg
    1FAC0528-11F0-474D-BFBA-7207430C77C1.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3
“Touring” runs were held on Sundays and mid-week, and were fairly informal. Also note Mr A G Harper (mentioned in a number of press reports) was the Hon General Secretary named on the certificate in post #30. Viv.

Attachments

• 1405D7D3-D420-4F3B-9698-D53BA83DBAA9.jpeg
    1405D7D3-D420-4F3B-9698-D53BA83DBAA9.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 4
Returning to the meaning of TT (post #28), I think it stands for Tourists’ Trial. Viv.
Viv, I’m not sure…..When I rode there were time trial and massed start races. Usually time tails up to 75 miles and massed start over. But maybe that’s what I rode in as a junior, maybe oldbrit or others can provide some direction/clarity.

Slightly off-topic, but can’t help admiring the beautiful handwriting of the name, date etc on the certificate. Makes the document much more prized than the printed documents of today. Viv.

Slightly off-topic, but can’t help admiring the beautiful handwriting of the name, date etc on the certificate. Makes the document much more prized than the printed documents of today. Viv.
Most of us who were taught engineering drawing or drafting (draughting) were taught pen and ink calligraphy. Many important drawings were done on linen using Indian ink.

I thought I'd shared thhis image of the certificate a week or so ago.....Try again.
B.

Thanks, Brian.

I recognise the name of Harold Binks on the certificate. He was Director of Amal Ltd which produced motor cycle carburettors on the Witton site. A company which bore his family name had combined with others to form Amalgamated Carburettors - later known as Amal - which was eventually absorbed into ICI Metals Division (IMI).

Harold Binks (b.1891) lived in Sutton and at least one other family member worked for Amal in the 1950s and later.

Chris

My farther was a member of the club from the late 1950s to the mid 1960s. I have quite alot of memorabilia including trophies, pictures etc and still have his orginal top in the team colours. Is this forum topic still active?

Back