• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kunzles

I loved Kunzle cakes my dad would bring a box of 6 home every Friday

Attachments

• E3AB9A5B-E28F-43CB-AD7B-6D76992D0EA3.png
    E3AB9A5B-E28F-43CB-AD7B-6D76992D0EA3.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 5
I had a summer job at Kunzles‘s cake factory, in Garretts Green, for a couple of summers. I worked on a machine for cutting and filling jam tarts. Also painted red jam around the pastry cases for bakewell tarts before they were filled. Nearly chopped the end of my finger off clearing a machine for cutting sponge shapes for Cakelets.

I had a summer job at Kunzles‘s cake factory, in Garretts Green, for a couple of summers. I worked on a machine for cutting and filling jam tarts. Also painted red jam around the pastry cases for bakewell tarts before they were filled. Nearly chopped the end of my finger off clearing a machine for cutting sponge shapes for Cakelets.
How many did you eat in a day ?

We were working in the pre-baking end of the factory. There was a factory shop though where both misshapes and packed goods could be bought. My favourites were called japs. Yummy!
As an apprentice electrician we worked at Cadburys and they also had misshape shop and the best sweets in the bags you got were the Turkish Delights . The problem as I went home on two buses the test of my willpower was tremendous to get home without eating them .
On a Thursday I would be given a shipping order by all my mates for Friday for their girlfriends and parents , If my memory is correct the bags were 4oz brown paper bags stamped misshapes

Back