• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Klein Marshall younger brother of Birmingham VC

terry carter

Birmingham Pals
Klein Marshall born 1892 was the younger brother of Acting Lt Col James Neville Marshall, Irish Guards attached 16th Lancashire Fusiliers who was awarded the Victoria Cross on 4 November 1918 in an action which he was also killed.

The Marshall family moved from Manchester to Acock's Green around 1891/2.

There is plenty of information and books about James Neville Marshall

I am just interested in the life of Klein Marshall. His Medal Index card states that he was a Pte in the RAMC (T) No. S.51 and also served in the Wiltshire Regiment as a Pte No. 209142. He went overseas on 4 September 1915, Theatre of War 2B

Also in the Birmingham Absent Voters book 1918 he is listed at Warwick Road and now serving in the 9th Royal Warwickshires No. 203887

he died in Bromsgrove in 1973

Hoping to find out a bit about his life

Thanks

Terry

There is a marriage record for a Klein Marshall to Elizabeth Jones in the October quarter 1930 at Birmingham South

Back