• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kingstanding from 1964

C

Carol Watts

I moved to Kingstanding, off College rd, when I was 6. I have great memories of shops, schools and pubs in the area. My parents died in Kingstanding but lived there for 40 years. Anybody here from my part of town?

Hi, Carol, I lived in Kingstanding from 1938 untill 1953 when I came to the USA. What street were you on?? We lived on Esher Rd, up Cooksey Lane.

Have a nice day, Wally.

Which school did you attend Carol?. My cousins [younger than myself] and my twins went to Perry Common. I live in Dunedin road B44.

We lived in Wardour Grove. the grove nearest the British legion. I did go to Perry Common, Keenan was my maiden name. My husbands Aunty lives in Esther Rd!

Hi Carol,
I lived in Kingstanding For over 30 years till I got married
and came to live in Tamworth on the over spill
Know Wardour Rd, but went to Dulwich Rd senior boy's school
When I worked for B'am housing, our depot was on the college Rd
My sister lives not far away from Wardour Rd

My brother worked at Birmingham housing in College rd. It was great cos he ran home for dinner!!

Hallo Carol, my Sister still lives in College Road just over the Chester Road.

Which school did you go too?

Last edited:
Hello, I was born in Kingstanding back in 1943, we lived on Kettlehouse Road,
I lived there actually until 1964, when I got married. My wife is also from Kingstanding and lived in Kingsland Road. Goffy

Alf
Just across Chester Rd is not Kingstanding its Sutton. Ver posh, no council houses that side of the Rd. LOL!!!

Astonite i have just looked on this thread and was saddened when i seen the pictures of Dulwich Grove as this is where i lived for a few years and where my 2 children lost their lives in a house fire in 1983,but it goes to show the impact of photos on ones life,it brought back a few memories and tears

Oh Ed, how awfully sad - not only for the loss of your two little ones, but to be reminded, albeit by accident. I am sure everyone else on this forum will feel for you.

God bless
Shortie

Back